Blood donation opportunities:
Friday, Nov. 15, 2019
- University Mall, 1237 E. Main St., in Carbondale from 1:30-6:30 p.m.
- Harrisburg District Library, 2 West Walnut St., in Harrisburg from 1:30-6:30 p.m.
- Black Diamond RV, 2405 Black Diamond Drive, in Marion from 1:30-6:30 p.m.
- Franklin County Farm Bureau, 1210 Highway 14 West, in Benton from 1:30-6:30 p.m.
- Roadhouse Harley-Davidson, 205 N. 44th St., in Mount Vernon from 1:30-6:30 p.m.
Saturday Nov. 16
- University Mall, 1237 E. Main St., in Carbondale from 10:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Harrisburg District Library, 2 West Walnut St., in Harrisburg from 10:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Black Diamond RV, 2405 Black Diamond Drive, in Marion from 10:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Franklin County Farm Bureau, 1210 Highway 14 West in Benton from 10:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Roadhouse Harley-Davidson, 205 N. 44th St., in Mount Vernon from 10:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- Harley-Davidson, 205 N. 44th St., Mount Vernon, IL. 62864; 10:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Blood donors of all blood types are needed to give now at this blood drive to ensure patient needs are met in the coming weeks. Eligible donors with types O, A negative and B negative blood are urged to make a Power Red donation. Power Red donors give a concentrated dose of red blood cells during a single donation, allowing them to maximize their impact.
How to donate blood
Simply download the Red Cross Blood Donor App, visit RedCrossBlood.org and enter code: WSIL, call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or enable the Blood Donor Skill on any Alexa Echo device to make an appointment or for more information. All blood types are needed to ensure a reliable supply for patients. A blood donor card or driver’s license or two other forms of identification are required at check-in. Individuals who are 17 years of age in most states (16 with parental consent where allowed by state law), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood. High school students and other donors 18 years of age and younger also have to meet certain height and weight requirements.
Blood and platelet donors can save time at their next donation by using RapidPass® to complete their pre-donation reading and health history questionnaire online, on the day of their donation, from a computer or mobile device. To get started and learn more, visit RedCrossBlood.org/RapidPass and follow the instructions on the site.
About the American Red Cross
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit redcross.org or cruzrojaamericana.org, or visit us on Twitter at @RedCross.