The Red Cross follows a high standard of safety and infection control and continues to socially distance wherever possible at our blood drives, donation centers and facilities. While donors are no longer required to wear a face mask, individuals may choose to continue to wear a mask for any reason. The Red Cross will also adhere to more stringent face mask requirements per state and/or local guidance, or at the request of our blood drive sponsors. Please see our updated FAQs.
RapidPass® can help save time during your next blood or platelet donation. For the best donation experience, we recommend you schedule an appointment, then complete your RapidPass®.
The process is simple, just 4 steps - and takes about 10 to 15 minutes. Get started with some initial information, read through the pre-donation materials, answer your health history questions and print, download or email your RapidPass® to yourself, and bring it with you.
RapidPass® is compatible with most mobile devices, but if it is not compatible with your device then we encourage you to schedule an appointment to donate and answer the questions when you arrive.
Things you should know before using RapidPass®
- Please use your full, legal name or the name printed on your American Red Cross donor card.
- If you're unsure of a question, or unable to answer it, please skip the question. Our staff will discuss that question with you when reviewing your questionnaire at your donation.
- You may choose to print your RapidPass® or email it to yourself to display on your mobile device. You will need to present it on your mobile device or a printed copy when you arrive.
- If you plan to print your RapidPass®, you will need Adobe Acrobat. Click here for a free download.
- If you plan to email your RapidPass® to yourself, please make sure you have access to your email on your mobile device.
Ver esta página en español.
The Red Cross works to ensure that the blood and platelet donation process is as safe as possible for donors and patients in need. We need to start by confirming some information. RapidPass® may only be completed on the day of your donation. Please acknowledge that you are donating today: