A Nationwide Network at Your Service
Our network of collection locations and laboratories make us uniquely suited to provide Leukopacks to the biotechnology sector.
- Our donor pool spans the entire country.
- Collection is done under an American Red Cross IRB-approved protocol.
- We perform HLA testing in-house on many of our donors.
- We can perform initial cell processing at any of our five full-service stem cell labs.
- Product can be shipped fresh or frozen.
All potential Leukopack donors undergo a pre-screen process to determine their eligibility, including:
- Infectious disease panel
- Complete blood count
- Donor questionnaire to ensure suitability to donate MNCs which may be utilized in the development of a final product to be infused into another human being (clinical use)
Potential donors who have passed the pre-screen process are entered into our research donor database and may be recruited to support future Leukopack needs. HLA typing can be performed for specific Leukopack needs. Should you need additional HLA testing, this can be performed at our HLA labs.
Depending upon your needs, the American Red Cross can perform the collection according to our standard parameters, or based upon your specific requirements. In addition, we have the ability to collect utilizing either the Spectra Optia or the Fresenius Kabi Amicus device.
The American Red Cross has five full-service Stem Cell Labs, at which we can perform the initial processing of the collected MNCs to your specifications. If needed, the products can then be frozen prior to shipment.
We can also provide product testing results, including:
- Cell counts
A Certificate of Conformance and a Certificate of Analysis are issued to the client with each Leukopack, when applicable.