The Cedar Fair – Grand Prize Sweepstakes Official Rules
1. NO PURCHASE OR COMPLETED BLOOD PRODUCT DONATION NECESSARY. The Cedar Fair – Grand Prize Sweepstakes (“Promotion”) is subject to the following rules and regulations.
2. ELIGIBILITY AND DEADLINES: Promotion begins 12:01 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on July 1, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on July 31, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Promotion is open only to individuals who are legal residents of and physically located in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, who are at least the age of majority or older (which is eighteen (18) in most states but is nineteen (19) in Alabama and Nebraska and twenty-one (21) in Mississippi) at the time of entry. The American National Red Cross and Cedar Fair Entertainment Company and its affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and franchisees, advertising, and promotional agencies, distributors and dealers, are the “Sponsors” of the Promotion. Employees of the Sponsors and each of such employee’s immediate family members (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and persons with whom they are domiciled are not eligible to participate. All entrants must have a valid address and phone number. Sponsors may require satisfactory proof of entrant’s identity. Void in Puerto Rico, outside the United States and where prohibited by law. By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
4. DRAWING: Decisions of the random drawing are final. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
Two (2) prize winners will be selected based on the following process:
All individuals who entered via presenting to donate or through email to email@example.com during the sweepstakes period will be combined to one (1) list. Two (2) prize winners will be selected from the list in a random drawing to be held on or about August 5, 2019. Presenting donors may appear once in the list of all entrants. The potential prize winners will be notified by email on or around August 5, 2019.
5. PRIZE DESCRIPTION:
Two (2) Prize Packages:
· Two days’ worth of family four-pack admission tickets - (2019 season only) for one of the two participating Cedar Fair theme parks of winners’ choosing:
- Cedar Point in Sandusky, OH
- Knott’s Berry Farm in Buena Park, CA
- Two-night hotel accommodation
- Travel accommodations for airline, bus or other transportation
- Special experience package items for each ticket holder per day
- Souvenir cup (includes free refills)
- All day dining pass
- Fast lane pass
Each package has an approximate retail value of $2,500.00. The prize value amount and prize selection are subject to change if any advertised prize becomes unavailable. Prize winners will not receive the difference between the actual retail value and approximate retail value. If any winner cannot accept prize as stated, such winner’s prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. All expenses, travel, and other costs not expressly stated in the prize description are the sole responsibility of the prize winners, including transportation to and from the airports (if applicable). Restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, vouchers or certificates will not be replaced. Sponsors are not responsible if any prize winner does not use any event tickets on day of the applicable event. Additional terms and conditions imposed by venue may apply to event ticket; see back of ticket for additional terms. Sponsors will, in their discretion, determine which mode of transportation to award and, if travel is by air, which airport is closest to each winner’s home. Winners and their guests must travel together on the same itinerary. Travel subject to availability and blackout dates. Winners and their guests are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsors’ designated agent and on a transportation carrier of Sponsors’ choice. If any winner elects to travel or participate in the prize travel without a guest, no additional compensation will be awarded. If any winner elects to travel or participate in prize travel with more than three (3) guests, such additional guest(s) shall be responsible for any and all costs associated with their travel. All winners and their guests are responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and any other desired forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsors have not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of transportation except at the discretion of the Sponsors. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by Sponsors’ transportation carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. The passenger contracts in use by the transportation companies shall constitute the sole contracts with respect to each winner’s and his/her guests’ transportation and such contracts shall be solely between each winner, his/her guests and such transportation companies. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as part of the Prize. Winners and guests must comply with all hotel check-in requirements, including, but not limited to, the presentation of a payment card. Transportation and hotel accommodations must be taken together and cannot be taken separately. Once transportation is booked, no changes may be made and a winner’s inability to travel will result in forfeiture of the prize.
6. GENERAL RULES: The sweepstakes winner will be responsible for all taxes, license, title fees, insurance and any other costs to own and operate the prize. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All materials submitted become the property of the Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned. Prize winners must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability Form, which will be included in the winning email notice. Noncompliance within this requirement will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected, time permitting. The prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsors, in their discretion, reserve the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value. Sponsors are not responsible for the quality or utility of any prize, nor are they responsible for delays in delivery of any prize. Sponsors makes no warranty with respect to any prize. By accepting prize, each winner consents to the use of his/her name, photograph or likeness for publicity or advertising purposes without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsors and all of the entities (the “Promotional Participants”) involved in the provision of the prize (together, Sponsors and the Promotional Participants are the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from or in connection with this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use of the prize, including liability for personal injury, bodily injury, death, damages and/or loss. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. The failure of Sponsors or the Promotional Participants to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, act of domestic terrorism, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of either (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. Sponsors and the Promotional Participants are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing, the offering or the announcement of any prize or in the administration of the Sweepstakes. Sponsors’ names and/or likenesses are used by Authority of Sponsors.
7. LIMITATIONS TO LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technology outage, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries, whether caused by the sender or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (iv) electronic, clerical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the transmission, receipt or processing of entries or notification of winners; or (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant’s computer, hardware or software, which may caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsors reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel the Sweepstakes for any reason. In doing so, Sponsors are not obligated to give away the prize. In addition, Sponsors may terminate, modify, cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes if fraud, technical failures including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or any other errors or other causes beyond their control corrupt the administration, security, or proper play, of the Sweepstakes. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall the Released Parties be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of or inability to use the web site, or out of any breach of any warranty. This exclusion or limitation of liability will not apply to the extent that any applicable statute prohibits such exclusion or limitation of liability. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE SPONSORS’ WEB SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES; CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR RESTRICTIONS. Any attempt by an entrant or other individual to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion, including but not limited to, any fraudulent claims, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Sponsors’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Participants engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified and will forfeit any prizes won.
8. WIN LIST OR OFFICIAL RULES REQUEST: For a list of the winners, or to receive a copy of these Official Rules, send a self addressed stamped envelope in a separate first class stamped envelope to: American Red Cross, attn: Customer Care - Cedar Fairs – Grand Prize Sweepstakes, 405 West John Gwynn Jr. Avenue
Peoria, IL 61605. Requests should be received no later than August 31, 2019.
9. SPONSORS: The American National Red Cross and Cedar Fair Entertainment Company.