Blood Donor of The Game
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center/Boston Red Sox/American Red Cross Blood Donor of the Game Sweepstakes
1. Eligibility: All eligible presenting blood donors at American Red Cross blood drives or blood centers throughout Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Vermont from March 15, 2018 through September 18, 2018.
2. Definitions: An eligible donor is defined as a person 18 years of age or older who comes to an American Red Cross blood drive or American Red Cross Blood Donation Center and attempts to give blood, platelets or plasma.
3. Entries: A presenting blood donor must fill out an official sweepstakes entry online at redcrossblood.org/BDOG. If you do not have access to the internet, call 1-800-RED CROSS between 8am-5pm (1-800-733-2767, #2 for blood donation) and our staff will assist you. Your chances to win depend on the number of entries during the regular 2018 Red Sox season.
4. Whole blood donors may enter once every 56 days. Plateletpheresis donors may enter once every 14 days. Multiple entries are permitted so long as each entry is separated by the requisite minimum number of days or longer from prior sweepstakes entry. Entries will be accepted via online entry. If computer access is not available, donors can call in their entry to 1-800-RED CROSS. No facsimiles or copies of entry forms will be accepted. Any individual not following entry requirements will be disqualified.
5. Drawings: Winners will be selected prior to each Boston Red Sox home game during the 2018 regular season. Winners will be notified at least 96 hours prior to the game. Notification will be by telephone and/or e-mail. Positive contact must be established at least 48 hours prior to the game for which tickets have been drawn. In the event contact cannot be established, an alternate winner will be selected.
6. Prizes: Two tickets to a Boston Red Sox home game at Fenway Park. Tickets are not transferable and not redeemable for cash. As the “Blood Donor of the Game” is scheduled to be honored the day of the game, one ticket must be used by the honoree.
7. Conditions of Participation: Employees of the American Red Cross Blood Services East Division (“Sponsor”) and each of their advertising, promotion, or production agencies and their respective IRS dependents, immediate family members (spouse, children, siblings, parents and individuals residing in the same household) are not eligible to participate. Winners will be required to sign a release allowing their name, hometown, and likeness to be used in advertising and promotional materials.
8. General Conditions: Only one prize per presenting donor.
9. Winner’s List: For the name of all winners, write your name and address on a 3”x 5” card and mail in a first-class stamped envelope to: “Blood Donor of the Game”, 180 Rustcraft Road, Suite 115, Dedham, MA 02026, Attn: Communications Department. Requests must be received by 10/31/18 and will be mailed out by 11/30/18.
10. Sponsor: American Red Cross Blood Services – East Division, 180 Rustcraft Road, Suite 115, Dedham, MA 02026 *