Meet Clara, the Blood Donation Chatbot
Clara is an exciting new channel that uses the power of artificial intelligence to help donors learn more about blood donations and schedule and manage their appointments. You’ll find Clara living on the right-hand side of redcrossblood.org. Chat with her today!
Clara can schedule and manage the following types of appointments:
- Power Red
Clara can answer your questions about:
- Eligibility Including travel, medications, basic lifestyle questions and more!
- Blood Donation including the process, the impact of donations, and other ways to give, like sponsoring a drive or giving a financial donation.
What Else Clara Does
- Natural Language Processing - This is a subfield of artificial intelligence that allows Clara to process large amount of natural language data. This is what allows Clara to understand what users say!
- Sentiment Analysis - Clara understands the emotion of the donor and can transfer them to a live agent to chat about their donation, if necessary.
- Live Agent Integration - Should the donor ask to speak to a real human or Clara can’t quite handle the request, they will be transferred over to the live agents during normal working hours.
- Clara on RedCross.org - Clara also lives on RedCross.org where she helps equip those who need help and those who would like to give help with access to essential information in times of disaster. Visit the Get Help section of RedCross.org or the Obtener Ayuda section of redcross.org/cruz-roja to chat with her now or click here to learn more!
In addition to Clara’s ability to engage with a donor about their life saving blood donations, she packs quite a punch with some unique features that leverage the latest in emerging technologies. Learn more about Innovation at the American Red Cross.
Clara is affectionately named after our esteemed founder, Clara Harlowe Barton (1821-1912). One of the most honored women in American history, Clara led the American Red Cross in its first 23 years.
Clara started her service as a nurse; her passion to protect the sick and wounded was felt throughout her service until her resignation at the age of 83.
Read all about Clara’s history and legacy.