SUCCESS® Educational Resources
Better patient outcomes through shared expertise. Designed for physicians and laboratory professionals in the areas of blood banking and transfusion medicine, SUCCESS® is a comprehensive suite of educational resources comprised of online instruction, industry publications, and learning events. These opportunities are available at no cost to our valued hospital partners.
Online Learning Program
- The SUCCESS® online self-study program provides CEU, CME, and/or SAM continuing education credit, depending upon the course.
- Live bi-monthly webinar series events cover trending topics in the areas of blood banking and transfusion medicine. These live events provide CEU, CME and/or nursing credit, depending on the course.
- The Compendium of Transfusion Practice Guidelines, written by the American Red Cross Medical Office offers an updated compilation of peer-reviewed literature covering the utilization of red blood cells, platelets, plasma, and cryoprecipitated-AHF, as well as the role of transfusion committees and the side effects and hazards of blood transfusion. The Compendium is available via a mobile app (Apple or Android) or hardcopy.
- Immunohematology Journal is a peer-reviewed publication focused on blood group serology.
- Our quarterly newsletter, PLUS, summarizes recent topical papers in the field of transfusion medicine.
- Both in-person and webinar learning events are led by leading blood banking and transfusion medicine professionals.
- The Red Cross both facilitates and contributes to regional Medical Advisory Committee (MAC) and Transfusion Advisory Committee (TAC) meetings.
- The Red Cross has more than 30 Medical Directors across the country. These experts in transfusion medicine are available for consultation, provide guidance and educational seminars.
- The Red Cross offers hospitals tools and resources to navigate the complex coding and billing issues related to reimbursement for blood products and related services.