|Blood donation is an integral part of the health and well being of the community. The need is constant, and there is no substitute for volunteer blood donations.
Every 2 seconds, someone needs a blood transfusion. And, each donation can help save up to three lives. Read below to learn more about donating.
Tips for a Successful Donation
- Drink plenty of water so you are well-hydrated before donating.
- Bring a donor card, driver's license or two other forms of ID with you to verify your age.
- Have a healthy meal before you donate and try to avoid fatty foods.
- Wear clothing with sleeves that can be raised above the elbow.
- If you are taking any medications, bring a list of those with you.
- If you are 16-years-old, you may be able to donate with written parental consent. Find the form for your state.
- If you are not feeling well on the day of your donation, please contact us to reschedule your appointment.
Additional Helpful Information