Red Cross T-shirt Quilt for Platelet Donors Promotion Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The Red Cross T-shirt Quilt for Platelet Donors Promotion (“Promotion”) is subject to the following rules and regulations.
1. ELIGIBILITY AND DEADLINES: The Promotion begins 6 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 1, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on July 31, 2019 (“Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Promotion. Promotion is open only to individuals who are: (a) legal residents of the United States, (b) physically located in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, and (c) at least the age of majority (which is 18 in most states but is 19 in Alabama and Nebraska and 21 in Mississippi) or older at the time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico, outside the United States and where prohibited by law. By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
The American National Red Cross is the “Sponsor” of the Promotion. Employees of the Sponsor and each of such employee’s immediate family members (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and persons with whom they are domiciled are not eligible to participate. All entrants must have a valid address, email address and phone number. Sponsor may require satisfactory proof of entrant’s identity and eligibility.
Automated or bulk Entries will be disqualified. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple and/or different identities, accounts or email addresses, or any other methods will void that Entrant’s Entries, and that Entrant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion.
3. DRAWING OF PRIZE: Decisions of the random drawing are final. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Entries received. Two (2) potential Prize winners will be selected and notified by email on or around August 14, 2019. and may be awarded the Prize subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules. Failure by the potential Prize winners to respond will result in disqualification and an alternate potential Prize winner then will be selected in the same manner, from all remaining eligible Entries, time permitting.
4. PRIZE: Each Prize winner will receive One (1) handmade American Red Cross T-shirt Quilt delivered at Sponsor’s expense to a location of Prize winner’s choosing within the United States.
5. VERIFICATION OF WINNER: POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR. SPONSOR’S DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE ADMINISTRATION, OPERATION, SELECTION OF THE WINNER AND OTHER MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF A PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. Each potential Prize winner must sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Publicity Release (where permitted by law) (collectively, the “Affidavit”), which will be sent via email after the prize has been accepted, or an alternate potential Prize winner may be selected. Noncompliance with these requirements will result in disqualification and an alternate Prize winner may be selected, time permitting. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification and Affidavit procedures in connection with the selection of an alternate potential Prize winner, if any.
6. PRIZE CONDITIONS: All expenses and other costs not expressly stated in the Prize description are the sole responsibility of the Prize winner. Restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. The Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make an equivalent prize substitution at its sole discretion. No Prize transfer, assignment, or substitution by the Prize winner is permitted. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded. In the event that technical, programming or any other errors or reasons cause more than stated number of Prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of Prizes in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims.
The Prize winner is responsible for reporting and paying all taxes associated with his/her receipt of the Prize. Sponsor will withhold and/or report taxes as required by the applicable laws of Sponsor’s and each Prize winner’s jurisdictions. All federal, state, and local tax liabilities, as well as any other costs and expenses not specified herein as being awarded are the sole responsibility of each Prize winner. The Prize is provided “as is” and each Prize winner assumes all risks associated with its use. Sponsor hereby disclaim any and all warranties, whether express or implied, associated with the Prize.
7. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited or restricted by law, each Prize winner’s acceptance of the Prize constitutes his/her agreement and consent for Sponsor and any of its designees to use and/or publish Prize winner’s full name, city and state of residence, photographs or other likenesses, pictures, portraits, video, voice, testimonials, biographical information (in whole or in part), and/or statements made by winner regarding the Promotion, Sponsor, worldwide and in perpetuity for any and all purposes, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, print, TV, radio, electronic, cable, or World Wide Web, without further limitation, restriction, compensation, notice, review, or approval.
8. GENERAL RULES: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. By participating, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and all of the entities (the “Promotional Participants”) involved in the provision of the Prize from any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from or in connection with this Promotion and/or acceptance or use of the Prize, including liability for personal injury, bodily injury, death, damages and/or loss as well as any claims related to intellectual property infringement, violation of privacy/publicity rights, defamation or similar claims. By participating in this Promotion, Entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the results of the random drawing. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, act of domestic terrorism, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of either (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the offering or the announcement of any Prize or in the administration of the Promotion. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between these Official Rules and any promotional materials for the Promotion, these Official Rules shall prevail and control.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technology outage, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries, whether caused by the sender or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (iv) electronic, clerical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the transmission, receipt or processing of Entries or notification of winners; or (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to Entrant’s computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by Entrant’s participation in the Promotion or Prize winner’s receipt, use or enjoyment of the Prize. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel the Promotion for any reason. In doing so, Sponsor is not obligated to give away the Prize. In addition, Sponsor may terminate, modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion if fraud, technical failures including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or any other errors or other causes beyond its control corrupt the administration, security, or proper play, of the Promotion. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall the Released Parties be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of or inability to use the web site, or out of any breach of any warranty. This exclusion or limitation of liability will not apply to the extent that any applicable statute prohibits such exclusion or limitation of liability. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE PROMOTION PAGE AND SPONSOR’S WEB SITES IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES; CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR RESTRICTIONS. THE RELEASED PARTIES shall NOT have ANY liability for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting from or arising out of THE TRANSPORT AND/OR DELIVERY OF the Prize or any other aspect of Winner’s acceptance or use of the Prize. Any attempt by an entrant or other individual to deliberately damage any page or web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion, including but not limited to, any fraudulent claims, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Entrants engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified and will forfeit any Prize won.
11. WIN LIST OR OFFICIAL RULES REQUEST: For notification of the Prize winners, or to receive a copy of these Official Rules, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or send a self-addressed stamped envelope in a separate first class stamped envelope to: American Red Cross, attn: Customer Care – Red Cross T-shirt Quilt for Platelet Donors Promotion, 405 West John Gwynn Jr. Avenue Peoria, IL 61605. Vermont residents may exclude return postage on requests for Official Rules. Requests should be received no later than August 31, 2019.
12. SPONSOR: The American National Red Cross.