Communications Internship: Communications & Marketing Department
1212 E. California Rd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46825
Fort Wayne, IN 46825
To assist the Communications & Marketing Department of the American Red Cross Blood Services Indiana-Ohio Region with various communications, public relations, and writing needs.
· Assist department in various writing capacities including news releases and sponsor messaging
· Contribute to planning and marketing of large-scale, media-drive blood drives
· Assist in planning and execution of community outreach and/or recognition events
· Interview blood donors and recipients and craft feature stories about them
This unpaid internship will require 20 to 40 hours per week during the summer months (generally, mid-May through mid-August). Shift hours are mutually agreed upon, usually between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Fall or Spring Semester
This unpaid internship will require 10 to 20 hours per week (depending on work load and availability) for a college semester. Shift hours are mutually agreed upon, usually between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
· Reports to communications specialist or manager for on-the-job training and supervision.
· Close interaction with other staff. Support could be provided to a variety of departments.
· Dependable and responsible
· Minimum of four college semesters completed in pursuit of communications, public relations, journalism, English major or equivalent
· Excellent writing skills
· Ability to work independently
· Proficient in Microsoft Office; Adobe Creative Suite a plus
Orientation provided by the Education Department and specific task training by communications specialist or manager.
· Hone communications/PR experience and enhance portfolio
· Network with other professionals in the Red Cross and the community
· Develop a work history and references
· Documented service hours
· Opportunity to be part of an organization that helps saves lives
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this internship position please fill out the registration form below. You will be asked to submit a resume and cover letter, plus fill out an application before being considered for this internship.