Volunteer Logistics Associate
Columbus, OH 43205
Volunteer Logistics Associate
The Volunteer Logistics Associate provides assistance and delivery services at the Red Cross Hilliard and Broad Street locations by performing essential tasks required in the support of blood drives and for the operation of the Mobile Supply department.
- Operate ARC vehicle for mail runs and delivery of other materials as needed. Must operate vehicle safely and within the confines of the law. Maintain cleanliness of vehicle interior. May require driving in inclement weather. Will involve driving in downtown Columbus.
- Shuttle vehicles as needed and as directed by supervisor. Notify supervisor of routine vehicle and equipment repairs as needed; assist with minor servicing/repairs if determined qualified by supervisor.
- Packing and staging of incentives and assisting staff with inventory using check lists or verbal directions from supervisor and/or co-workers.
- Assist with loading and unloading of supply trucks while adhering to safe work practices as instructed in on-the-job training.
- Perform other essential functions in support of Mobile Supply.
Volunteer at least once per week with preference of 2 or more shifts per week. Shifts available Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Minimum 4 hour shift requirement preferred.
- Immediate supervisor is Hilliard Site Manager in Donor Services.
- May receive on-the-job training and/or day to day work directions from other members of the department.
- Some interaction with other American Red Cross paid and volunteer staff, and general public.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Good mobility including lifting, bending, and stooping is required.
- Possess a current Ohio Driver’s License and be legally able to drive.
- Have a good driving record and have proof of insurance.
- Ability to drive a minivan.
- Must be in good physical condition, ability to lift up to sixty (60) pounds.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Dependable and flexible in work assignments and direction.
- Alphabetizing/counting skills and ability to follow written and/or oral instructions.
- Positive professional appearance and good customer service skills.
- An initial driving record check through the Ohio Bureau of Motor Vehicles will be completed on all drivers before being cleared to drive and yearly thereafter.
- A criminal background check will be conducted.
- Two-hour New Volunteer Orientation, provided by Office of Volunteer and Community Resources.
- Complete and pass a National Safety Council Defensive Driving course offered through ARC and a test administered by ARC staff.
- Complete Red Cross FLEET training.
- On-the-job training provided by the Mobile Supply department.
- Experience working in a warehouse environment
- Protect your back
- Meet new people/network with other professionals.
- Volunteering in the Mobile Supply department provides an essential support function that enables us to collect the blood products necessary to help Central Ohio patients in need – every time you volunteer you are truly helping to save a life.
- Defensive Driving class certification may save you money on your personal car insurance.
- Hone skills related to working in a warehouse environment and customer service skills.
- Participation in volunteer recognition and documented service hours.