Why Sponsor a Drive with the American Red Cross?
In your community you may have a choice on who to partner with for a blood drive. Here are a few reasons why you should consider partnering with the American Red Cross:
The nation’s leader in providing a safe and stable blood supply
The American Red Cross provides approximately 40% of the American blood supply, more than any other blood bank. As a national provider, the Red Cross has a unique responsibility to help ensure hospital patients throughout the U.S. have blood when they need it.
A trusted brand, serving America for more than 125 years
Since its founding in 1881 by visionary leader Clara Barton, the American Red Cross has been the nation's premier emergency response organization. The Red Cross is not a government agency; it relies on donations of time, money, and blood to do its work. An average of 91 cents of every dollar the Red Cross spends is invested in humanitarian services and programs.
Commitment to the communities across America
- Blood Services: we collect over 6 million donations annually
- Disaster Relief: we respond to more than 70,000 disasters annually.
- Health and Safety: we train more than 11 million individuals nationwide each year in life-saving skills, such as CPR, first aid, and water safety.
- Community Services: We support communities with transportation, food, babysitting, referral and other services for the homeless and the elderly.
- Armed Forces Emergency: We help reconnect families separated by armed conflict and deliver messages to family members serving in the Armed Services.
A leader in transfusion medicine
For more than 50 years, the American Red Cross has been an innovator and a leader in transfusion medicine and research. Started as a relief effort to provide lifesaving plasma and blood during World War II, Red Cross Blood Services has grown - collecting and distributing nearly half the nation's blood supply and many therapeutic blood products.