Southern Blood Services Region Names 2010-2011 Regional Board of Directors
Southern Blood Services Region
The American Red Cross Southern Blood Services Region recently appointed seven new members to its board of directors. Janis Martinez, president of Ashford Management Group, is the 2010-2011 board chair. Meredith Forrester, first vice president of Finance and Risk Management at SunTrust Banks, Inc., will serve as vice chair. Scott Carter, vice president of Regulatory Affairs at AGL Resources is the second vice chair. The mission of the American Red Cross Blood Services is to provide the American people with a safe and reliable blood supply.
New board members include:
- Fred Jeff Carter, Jr. – regional general service director, EMCOR Dynalectric
- Carlos Foster – director of Staff Operations, Nationwide Insurance
- Olivia Goodall – student, Reinhardt College; representative, National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) Leadership Program
- Eleanor Morgan – president and CEO, MD&E
- Jennifer L. Scully – CEO, Clinical Resources
- Dennis P. Tolivar – vice president, Major Accounts, Genuine Parts Company
- George A. Wieder – retired Lieutenant Colonel, United States Air Force
Returning board members:
- Scott Carter – vice president of Regulatory Affairs, AGL Resources
- Suzanne Detlefs – chair, American Red Cross, Metropolitan Atlanta Chapter Board of Directors
- Theodore Druhot – retired healthcare administrator
- James F. Holmes – retired, U. S. Census Bureau
- Cecilia Houston-Torrence – senior vice president, FHL Bank Atlanta
- Mark Kelly – director of athletics, St. Pius X Catholic School
- Don McLaughlin – pastor, North Atlanta Church of Christ
- Randy Satterlee – CEO, VanRan Communications
- Martin Schmidler – vice president of IT, UniPro Foodservice, Inc.
- Angela Stillwell – CEO, AXA Advisors, Columbus, Ga.
- Roger Tutterow, Ph.D. – professor, Mercer University, Stetson School of Business and Economics
- Ben Underwood – CEO, Talbott Recovery Campus
- Michelle A. Williams – senior partner, Alston and Bird LLP
The American Red Cross Southern Blood Services Region provides lifesaving blood to more than 120 hospitals and must have 1,200 people give blood and platelets each weekday to meet hospital demand. Blood can be safely donated every 56 days. Platelets can be given safely every two weeks, up to 24 times a year. Most healthy people age 17 and older, or 16 with parental consent, who weigh at least 110 pounds, are eligible to donate blood and platelets. Donors who are 18 and younger must also meet specific height and weight requirements. For more information or to schedule an appointment to donate, please call 1-800-RED-CROSS (733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org.