Fourth Annual Atlanta Braves All American Blood Drive
Southern Blood Services Region
The Atlanta Braves are stepping up to the plate to help strikeout summer blood shortages. The Braves are partnering with the American Red Cross for the fourth annual Atlanta Braves All American Blood Drive at the 755 Club at Turner Field on Monday, July 23, 2012, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. The blood drive is sponsored by WSB-TV, 680 the Fan and ROCK 100.5.
All presenting donors will receive:
- A pair of tickets to watch the Braves take on the Houston Astros on August 5
- A buy one, get one ticket offer to select Braves games
- A chance to win one of two iPad 3’s
- A free stadium seat cushion
- A chance to win a Braves Family Four Pack, which includes four game tickets and a batting practice field visit
*Free parking will be available in the green lot at Turner Field the day of the blood drive.
The Red Cross Southern Blood Services Region provides lifesaving blood to patients in more than 120 hospitals. Approximately 1,200 people need to give blood or platelets each week day to meet hospital demands.
Blood can be safely donated every 56 days. Platelets can be given every seven days, up to 24 times a year. Most healthy people who are 17 years of age (or 16 with parental consent) and weigh at least 110 pounds are eligible to donate blood to the Red Cross. Donors who are 18 years and younger must also meet specific height and weight requirements.