2010 Rose Festival Court to Visit Red Cross
The American Red Cross invites the community to join our annual Courting Donors blood drive. The blood drive and special event will be held on Wednesday, May 26 from 11:45 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. at the American Red Cross Portland donor center, located at 3131 N. Vancouver Avenue. This is a Rose Festival Foundation Sanctioned Event, and is held in conjunction with the Rose Festival Association. The Rose Festival Court will be present to meet with blood and platelet donors and to preside over the flower show.
Additional activities will be available including:
• Free10 minute chair massages for presenting blood donors from 12:00 -2:00 p.m.
• Free mini roses for presenting blood donors (while supplies last).
• Live piano entertainment from 12:00-5:00 p.m.
• 2009 Rose Festival Court appearance from 2:00 -5:00 p.m. (photo and interview opportunity).
• The Rose Court Princesses will visit with blood donors, sing along with the piano players, and judge the annual Flower Show.
• Rose Festival Association official merchandise for sale at the event.
Memorial Day marks the beginning of family vacations and the end of the school year, which can be a difficult time for Red Cross blood collections. Traumatic injuries tend to increase during the summer months and blood donation is a generous gift that could go to help a stranger, a neighbor, or a family member. Donors are encouraged to call and make an appointment at 1-800-RED CROSS or schedule your appointment online.