Donors win free Kroger groceries for rolling up their sleeves!
To promote blood donation this January and February, the American Red Cross and Kroger teamed up to entice donors with a chance to fill up their shopping cart for free for a whole year!
The grand prize of free groceries for a year (valued at $4,800) went to Junior Hunter from Crooksville, Ohio. His winning donation was his sixth donation made with the American Red Cross. In addition, four $50 gift card winners were drawn, for five winners in total.
Each winter, unpredictable challenges can create problems for the blood supply. Changing volatile weather, increased cold and flu symptoms, and even the winter blues can keep even the most dedicated donors from making or keeping an appointment to donate. But winter weather may lead to more traumatic injuries on icy roads and an increased need for blood.
Thanks to Kroger and blood donors for helping keep the blood supply strong!
- Junior Hunter of Crooksville, Ohio donated at Ralston Food Inc. Grand Prize Winner of Kroger groceries for a year!
- Natalie Lewellen of Baltimore, Ohio donated at Toll Gate Middle School in Pickerington.
- Heather Spencer of Shiloh, Ohio donated at the YMCA Mansfield.
- Denise Vandermark of Lancaster, Ohio donated at Baltimore United Methodist Church.
- Jeanette Dial of Howard, Ohio donated at Apple Valley Property.
Results from the Kroger Promotion:
- 35,046 donations made
- 100.61% of goal achieved
- 5,444 first time donors
- 42 first time drive sponsors
- 17 Kroger blood drives