15th Guns-N-Hoses campaign brings in 16,500 donations
During the month of July, police officers and firefighters battled in a friendly competition to see who could donate the most blood for patients in need. The results of the campaing are in!
- During the 15th annual Guns N Hoses campaign, 16,500 donations were made!
- During July, many donations were expected to be made by fire and police officers alone. By the end of July, 939 first respondersmade blood donations at 47 station blood drives.
- SCORE: Atkey Guns-N-Hoses blood drives in the community, blood donors voted for either Guns or Hoses. The final score is
- Guns = 1,633
- Hoses = 2,269
- Guns N Hoses is critical to ensuring a strong blood supply during the challenging summer months. Those who donated along side police and fire officers helped keep the community blood supply strong. Thank you to everyone who gave the gift of life!
- Special thanksto all the Guns N Hoses partners including:
- Local 67 AIFF Columbus Fire
- Lodge #9 FOP Columbus Police
- State Highway Patrol
- Police and Fire stations across Central Ohio
- ABC 6/ FOX 26
- QFM 96.3 FM
- Clear Channel Digital Outdoor
- The Central Ohio Region currently is experiencing low donor turn out at many blood drives, and has seen a 10 percent dip in donations. There is an urgent need for donors and more donors are needed now.
To donate: Schedule an appointment to give, contact us at 1-800-RED-CROSS or redcrossblood.org.