Participating colleges in the Southern California Blood Services Region battle to bring in the most blood donations.
- Sick and injured children and adults need blood.
- You can help! Big college blood drives can help increase the blood supply.
- Beat other rival colleges! Win the championship for blood donations.
- Year-long competition from July 1, 2013 - June 30, 2014.
- Winning colleges announced at American Red Cross Board ceremony in September 2014.
WIN ONE OR MORE CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Most Blood Donations Overall
- Greatest Growth
- Most Summer Blood Donations (July–August 2012 + June 2013)
- Most Winter Blood Donations (December 2012 + January 2013)
- “Out for Blood” Challenge – host a multi-day* drive at the beginning (Sept/Oct) and end (May/Jun) of the school year; the school with the Most Blood Donations wins
*2 or more consecutive days
'WHAT COLOR DO YOU BLEED?' CHALLENGE
Challenge a rival college to a blood drive competition to see who can help save the most lives. Special blood drive advertising materials, customizable with each participating schools’ logo, will be available to promote the competition.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
- A chance to help save lives
- American Red Cross internship opportunities
- Letters of recommendation
- Give-aways for every donor
- Recruitment team t-shirts for groups that sponsor two or more blood drives
- Opportunity to arrange tours at the state-of-the-art American Red Cross Blood Services facility in Pomona, CA.
COMPETE IN YOUR DIVISION
- Division 1: Community/Trade Colleges – up to 10,000 students
- Division 2: Community/Trade Colleges – more than 10,000 students
- Division 3: Four-Year Institutions – up to 10,000 students
- Division 4: Four-Year Institutions – more than 10,000 students