Battle of the Badges
January 16 to February 16, 2013*
The Battle of the Badges is an opportunity for all badge carrying personnel, including friends and family, to positively impact our community by competing in a friendly competition to see who can donate the most blood and ultimately save the most lives.
Why should you participate?
- In the Pacific Northwest, the American Red Cross must distribute more than 250,000 units of blood each year to help patients in need.
- Less than 3 percent of people in the American Red Cross Pacific Northwest Blood Services Region donates blood.
- Help save lives in the community.
- Incredible team building opportunity.
- Cobrand with one of the most widely recognized non-profits in the world while promoting a positive image of your agency throughout the Pacific Northwest.
- All participating agencies will be recognized
How can you participate?
- Donate at any Red Cross blood drive between 1/16/13-2/16/13. When donating be sure to fill out a Battle of the Badges ballot which lets us know which agency you are donating on behalf of.
- Search your area and schedule a donation appointment or call 1-800-RED CROSS.
- Promote the the Battle of the Badges campaign at your agency by putting up posters, handing out ballots, and sending out emails.
- Host your own drive. Agencies who feel like they have enough people interested can potentially schedule an onsite blood drive.
- For more information about participating in the Battle of the Badges competition, please contact Tim Lippert at (503) 528-5574 or Tim.Lippert@redcross.org.
Agencies currently participating in the 2013 Battle of the Badges:
- Oregon State Penitentiary
- North Plains Fire District
- Vancouver Fire Department
- Coffee Creek Correctional Facility
- Clark County Fire District #10 Amboy
- US Customs and Border Protection Portland
- Stafford Creek Correction Center
- Keizer Fire Department
- Tualatin City Police Department
- Tigard City Police Department
- Lewis County Fire District #1
- Medford Fire-Rescue
- Oregon Department of State Police - Portland Forensic Lab
Lake Chinook Fire and Rescue
Clackamas County Sheriff Department
Klamath County Sheriff Office
Schedule an appointment at a Red Cross donor center, or please call 1-800-RED-CROSS.