2014-2015 High School Video Contest
Showcase Your Filmmaking Talent While Helping the Red Cross!
High school students play an important role in keeping the blood supply stable. Some students help by donating blood while others participate in committees and volunteer at blood drives. This is your chance to tell the story of how your school supports blood donation by producing a High School Blood Donor Recruitment Video.
The winning video will be seen by thousands of students across Southern Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The goal is to promote blood donation as a safe, easy way to make a difference in the community.The student whose video is judged the winning entry will be invited to the American Red Cross Penn-Jersey Region Annual Meeting on Thursday, June 18, 2015 where the winning video will be shown.The student winner will also receive a $500 Apple Gift Card.
Videos will be judged on the following criteria:
- Must illustrate the need for blood and educate potential donors on the criteria for blood donation, including actual footage from a Red Cross blood drive at the school.
- Must be creative and motivational, encouraging other students and schools to get involved in giving blood and sponsoring blood drives!
- Video should be less than 5 minutes in length.
- All submissions become property of the American Red Cross and may be used in future promotional materials, placed online, and distributed for Red Cross purposes.
- Entries must be received by May 23, 2015.
- Entries will be judged on creativity, originality, and motivational message.
Suggestions for Filming a Winning Video:
- Film your school’s blood drive. Show the drive from start to finish, interview donors, and demonstrate how fun and easy it is to give blood! What is it like at the event? Show the excitement of the blood drive.
- Show your blood drive planning committee in action. What does it take to plan a successful blood drive? What do you do to make your drive extra special?
- How do you recruit a donor? Film some examples of your team asking people to give blood.
- Be sure to show the donation experience as positive, fun, and fulfilling. Remember, this video will be used to recruit other blood donors. Watching it should make them want to give!
- Video must be less than 5 minutes in length.
- All entries must be postmarked by May 23, 2015
- Two copies must be submitted in DVD format with a signed entry form available by CLICKING HERE.
Please mail to:
Anthony C. Tornetta
American Red Cross
700 Spring Garden Street
Philadelphia, PA 19123
High School must participants in an American Red Cross, Penn-Jersey blood drive in the 2014-2015 school year. Limit one video entry per school. All submissions become the property of the American Red Cross Blood Penn-Jersey Services Region. The American Red Cross reserves the right to make duplicate copies of the winning video.