2012-2013 Annual High School Scholarship Application
High school students are enthusiastic blood donors. 13% of the blood donated last year in the Penn Jersey region came from our high school student program. Upon graduation, students often stop giving blood, or don’t donate blood as frequently.
This year’s essay question:
“Why is it important to begin giving blood as a high school student opposed to later in life and what will you do / did you do to encourage your fellow classmates to donate?”
Instructions for Essay/Application Submission - by Saturday, March 30, 2013
- The essay must be no more than 500 words.
- The application and essay must be submitted online by Saturday, March 30, 2013. Applicants will receive an email confirmation when the application is submitted.
- All entries must be submitted in Adobe Acrobat format (PDF) via the web application form. No paper applications/essays will be accepted.
- Late submissions or incomplete application packages will not be considered.
- Please provide the name, phone number and email address of two (2) academic endorsements. These may be from a Guidance Counselor, Department Head, Faculty Advisor,Teacher, Principal, Vice Principal or Key Club/Student Council Advisor.
By submitting this application, I hereby waive all rights and release the American Red Cross Penn-Jersey Blood Services Region (including its officials, employees, representatives, agents, licensees, successors, and assigns) from, and shall neither sue nor bring any proceeding against any such parties for, any claim or cause of action, whether now known or unknown, for defamation, invasion of right to privacy, publicity or personality or any similar matter, or based upon or relating to the use or publication of this essay.
I further certify that the information I have provided is complete and correct to the best of my knowledge. I authorize the American Red Cross to verify the information that I have provided.