Coordinate the public relations activities to enhance communications of the ARCBS message and image to internal and external sources.
Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operating procedures, Safety Quality Identity Potency Purity (SQUIPP), regulations outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other applicable Federal, state and local regulations.
- Planning and implementation of awareness and recruitment campaigns to further organizational objectives and enhance recruitment success.
- Provide and coordinate one or more communication support components (e.g., writing, graphics, design, layout, and media relations) in a cost-effective manner to enhance donor recruitment efforts and the organization’s image in support of organizational goals.
- Design and develop campaigns, provide technical expertise in the implementation of communication projects and coordinate external media and internal resources.
- Serves as the media contact for ARCBS, including press releases, media inquiries, relationship building and special project information, to ensure the consistency of image and message conveyed to the public.
- Writes/edits, develop and coordinate production of internal and external newsletters, brochures, posters and other communication print pieces to support recruitment efforts and enhance the overall image of the ARCBS. Contributes to division-wide communication. May also include internal communication pieces, management speeches, etc.
- Coordinate print projects within the region and act as liaison with printers.
- Provide technical expertise and support to other projects or departments as assigned to improve the overall professionalism of materials distributed from ARCBS.
- May work with marketing department on projects such as direct mail campaigns.
- Assist region leadership with board and community relations.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
May lead and evaluate the work of volunteers, interns and other occasional support.
Responsible for the prudent use of significant print and related production resources. Plan own work and set priorities within guidelines. Actions and decisions are based on precedent, organizational need and good judgement.
Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism , related field or equivalent. Minimum 5-7 years of experience in communications, media or related area. Proficient in desktop publishing and word processing applications is required. Must have exceptional interpersonal skills to deal with all levels of staff, media, volunteers, donors and the general public. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements:
The duties above indicate the essential functions of the position. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. May be required to travel to sites throughout the region.
Exposure levels are based on the essential functions as stated in this position description; however, in some instances, variances may occur due to the applicable nature of this position within a particular work site. Therefore the work site may determine the exposure level to be greater than or less than the below stated level.
This position is in OSHA III in view of the fact that normal work involves no exposure to blood or blood components and/or human body fluids or tissue samples as a result of splashes, spills, and/or needlesticks or performance of or assistance in first aid.
Louisville, KY 40202