Conduct health history interviews and determine donor eligibility or perform phlebotomy and provide donor care during the collection of safe blood units. Demonstrate excellence in customer service and public relations to promote a positive, professional image of the American Red Cross Biomedical Services. Work independently with attention to detail.
Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operating procedures, Safety Quality Identity Potency Purity (SQUIPP), regulations outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other applicable Federal, state and local procedures
- Comply with all CFR, Blood Services Directives, RSP, Blood Services Letters, Local Operating Procedures and Exposure Control Plan policies and procedures as well as all Red Cross philosophies, structures, policies and procedures.
- Perform some phases of whole blood collection and donor care according to BSDs, ARCBS directives, the Code of Federal Regulations and local policies and procedures to ensure safe product and optimum donor experience. Recruit donors for future donations.
- Assess donor eligibility for donation. May perform donor history and assess donor eligibility according to operating procedures, BSDs, and the Code of Federal Regulations within specific guidelines.
- Assemble and maintain supplies and equipment to ensure a state of readiness.
- Function as a member of a team to ensure smooth and efficient blood collection process.
- Maintain positive public relations at all times to promote a professional image of the ARCBS.
- Operate ARC vehicles. Operate in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Participates in the set-up and break-down of mobile operation duties.
- Complete extensive standardized training and demonstrate competency to perform each job function and commit to perform only those tasks for which documented training has been completed. Provide instruction and training as requested following designation of Preceptor/Instructor status.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
Balance production, customer service and compliance on a daily basis, ensuring integrity of product and optimum donor experience. As an integral link between donors and ARCBS, portray a commitment to customer service by conveying and demonstrating a consistent style of professionalism.
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Medical assistant or phlebotomy training is preferred. Customer service experience, effective verbal communication, and public relations skills are preferred. A current valid driver’s license and good driving record is required.
Louisville, KY 40202