Collections Specialist I North Platte
Conduct health history interviews, determine donor eligibility, perform phlebotomy, and provide donor care during the collection of safe blood units. Demonstrate excellence in customer service and public relations to promote a positive, professional image of the American Red Cross Biomedical Services. Work independently with attention to detail and maintain full knowledge of all aspects of the daily collection operation. Perform all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operatingprocedures, Safety Quality Identity Potency Purity (SQUIPP), regulations outlined in theCode of Federal Regulations (CFR), Occupational Safety and Health Administration(OSHA) and other applicable Federal, state and local regulations.
- Comply with all CFR, Blood Services Directives, RSP, Blood Services Letters, Local Operating Procedures and Exposure Control Plan policies and procedures as well as allRed Cross philosophies, structures, policies and procedures.
- Perform all phases of whole blood collection and donor care according to BSDs, ARCBS directives, the Code of Federal Regulations and local policies and procedures to ensure safe product and optimum donor experience.
- Recruit donors for future donations.
- Perform donor history and assess donor eligibility according to operating procedures, BSDs, and the Code of Federal Regulations within specific guidelines.
- Assemble and maintain supplies and equipment to ensure a state of readiness.
- Function as a member of a team to ensure smooth and efficient blood collection process.
- Maintain positive public relations at all times to promote a professional image of theARCBS. Operate ARC vehicles in accordance with regulations.
- Participates in the set-up and breakdown of mobile operation duties.
- Complete extensive standardized training and demonstrate competency to performeach job function and commit to perform only those tasks for which documented training has been completed.
- Provide instruction/training as requested following designation of Preceptor/ Instructor status.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
Balance production, customer service and compliance on a day-to-day basis to ensureintegrity of the product and optimum donor experience. As integral link between donorsand ARCBS, portray a commitment to customer service by conveying anddemonstrating a consistent style of professionalism.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. RN/LPN is preferred or equivalent experience is required, with current state licensure as required or documented satisfactory experience as a Collections Technician is required. Customer service experience, effective verbal communication and public relations skills are preferred. A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required.