MSN - Team Supervisor (INTERNAL ONLY)
Creates a team environment in which all relevant duties are performed in accordance with the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), American Red Cross Biomedical Services directives and local policies and procedures. Provides leadership needed to maintain premiere donor care and customer safety and satisfaction during the blood collection process. Demonstrates excellence in customer service and public relations to promote a positive, professional image of the American Red Cross Biomedical Services. Works independently with attention to detail and full knowledge of all aspects of the daily collection process (whole blood and/or apheresis).
Performs all duties and responsibilities in compliance with standard operating procedures, regulations outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and other applicable Federal, state and local laws. Complies with safety policies and procedures in the work area and uses applicable protective equipment at all times to prevent exposure to potentially infectious blood and body fluids.
NOTE: The main focus of this position will be regional collections compliance responsibilities and coordination of the double red cell program. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified females, minorities, disabled persons and veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Supervises staff including hiring, training, evaluation, and discipline to ensure a well-qualified team and enhance operational success. Ensure appropriate donor care and the collection of safe units of blood.
- Plans, organizes, manages and directs all aspects of whole blood and/or apheresis collection operations (fixed site or mobile) to ensure appropriate staffing and a smooth, efficient process.
- Ensure SQUIPP of all products collected under supervision.
- Follows all applicable standard operating procedures, regulations, directives and policies to ensure compliance.
- Interprets and implements local operating procedures, standard operating procedures and BSDs and enforces directives and policies to ensure compliance.
- Performs clerical administrative functions in order to provide documentation and ensure donor/recipient safety and to monitor staff competency.
- Performs all technical phases of collection procedures in accordance with operator's manual, local operating procedures, BSDs and CFR to ensure product/donor safety and compliance.
- Ensures effective customer service to promote positive, professional image of the ARCBS at all times.
- May assist in writing, organizing and maintaining technical sections of departmental manuals.
- May be responsible for recruiting donors.
- Operate company vehicles in compliance with regulations.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
Must balance production, customer service and compliance on a daily basis, ensuring integrity of operation. As integral link between donor and ARCBS, employee must portray a commitment to customer service by conveying and demonstrating a consistent style of professionalism. Requires completion of extensive standardized training and demonstration of competency to perform each job function. Attention to detail is imperative. Responsible for supervision of five to twenty line staff on a daily basis. Provides and documents performance feedback for any staff assigned to current operation. Able to manage line staff frequently assigned to other operations.
- Related bachelor’s degree or RN/LPN with current state licensure preferred with minimum 2 years of relevant experience or documented satisfactory performance in Collections
- Specialist II position or Collections Team Leader position
- Previous management experience preferred
- Customer service experience preferred
- Effective communication/public relations skills
- Professional and friendly demeanor
- Ability to adapt to long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes
- Good manual dexterity
- Valid drivers license and good driving record
The duties above indicate the essential functions of the position. Operational flexibility is required to meet sudden and unpredictable needs. Physical requirements may include the ability to lift, push or pull heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs, good manual dexterity, the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and adapt to long, irregular hours and frequent schedule changes is required. Exposure levels are based on the essential functions as stated in this position description; however, in some instances, variances may occur due to the applicable nature of this position within a particular work site. Therefore the work site may determine the exposure level to be greater than or less than the below stated level. This position is in OSHA I in view of the fact that the position requires the incumbent work under conditions where the potential exists for the incumbent to make contact with blood or blood components as a result of splashes, spills, and/or needlesticks.
Job ID: 09-094
Application Period Opened: 12/23/09-01/08/10
Madison, WI 53705