BLEED BLUE! American Red Cross, Penn State Athletics to partner on 4th Annual Beaver Stadium Blood Drive on December 3
Greater Alleghenies Blood Services Region
Our 4th Annual Beaver Stadium Blood Drive - Tuesday, December 3, at the Mount Nittany Club!
You’ll be 40 shades of green with envy if you miss out on our 4th Annual Beaver Stadium blood drive, scheduled for Tuesday, December 3, from 11 am to 6 pm in the Mount Nittany Club.
That’s because the grand prize for this year’s event is a trip for two to Ireland to see the Penn State Nittany Lions play the University of Central Florida in the 2014 Croke Park Classic!
Come in to donate blood at the December 3 event and get entered to win a six-night trip for two to Dublin, Ireland, including airfare, hotel, breakfast, dinner most evenings, local transportation, game tickets and excursions in the surrounding area.
You’ll also receive a Bleed Blue Beaver Stadium t-shirt, courtesy of Glenn O. Hawbaker Inc., while supplies last, and enjoy refreshments provided by Pizza Mia and Happy Valley Catering.
A big THANK YOU to these businesses and organizations for funding the grand prize trip to Ireland: Collegiate Athletic Travel, Aris Corporation of America, National Penn Bank, Penn State Student Red Cross Club and HFL Corporation’s Country Inn & Suites, Comfort Suites and Sleep Inn of State College.
Appointments for this blood drive are strongly encouraged. Click or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767). Sponsor code for online appointments is PSU.
2013 Beaver Stadium Blood Drive Grand Prize Drawing
Rules and Regulations:
- Eligibility: Entrants must be 18 years of age or older to enter or win
- How to Enter: Present to donate on at the American Red Cross Beaver Stadium Blood Drive on Tuesday, December 3, 2013, during operating blood drive hours. At registration, entrants can submit their name into the drawing for the grand prize.
- Prize Description: Grand Prize Trip includes: Six night trip for 2 including airfare, hotel, dinner most nights, breakfast, travel while there, game tickets and several excursions to different areas of Ireland for a total of $5980. Trip package developed and co-sponsored by Collegiate Travel of State College, PA . All details of the trip package will be determined with Collegiate Travel of State College, PA.
- Prize Claims: Winners will be selected randomly from all presenting donors who place their information into the drawing.
- Winner’s list: The name of the winner(s) will be posted to the Greater Alleghenies Region’s website, www.redcrossblood.org/BleedBlue
- Sponsor: Promotion Sponsor: American Red Cross Blood Services, Greater Alleghenies Region, 250 Jari Drive, Johnstown, PA 15904Financial Sponsors: Collegiate Travel of State College; Aris Corporation, State College; Glenn O. Hawbaker, State College; National Penn Bank, State College; Penn State Student Red Cross Club; and Country Inn & Suites, Comfort Suites and Sleep Inn of State College.
Congratulations to our Fall 2013 Bleed Blue Donor of the Game winners!
One of our 2012 Donor of the Game winners, Phil (right) and his friend Geoff, during the sideline visit at the PSU vs. Wisconsin home game.
Fall 2013 Bleed Blue Donors of the Game
October 12 - Penn State vs. Michigan (two packages)
Ryan Sheehan, University Park, Pa.
Valerie Sebestyen, State College, Pa.
November 2 - Penn State vs. Illinois (two packages)
Benjamin Cowan, Carlisle, Pa., presented to donate at the August 20 blood drive at Carlisle Fire & Rescue.
Emma Snyder, University Park, Pa., presented to donate at the October 10 blood drive at the Penn State School of Law
November 16 - Penn State vs. Purdue (one package)
Derek Kruse, University Park, Pa., presented to donate at the September 25 blood drive at the Hetzel Union Building.
November 23 - Penn State vs. Nebraska (two packages)
Steve Seltzer, Altoona, Pa., presented to donate at the Altoona Blood Donation Center on October 15.
Suzanne Yonts, Patton, Pa., presented to donate at the Altoona VA Medical Center on September 26.
Included in each Donor of the Game package:
- Two tickets to the Penn State football game
- Two pre-game hospitality passes
- A sideline visit during the game; participants must be age 18 or older
- Radio recognition during the Pre-Game Show portion of the statewide game broadcast